Toaster Oven Roasted Red Peppers and Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Here are two new light fresh recipes that you would normally do on your grill outside. But, if you're stuck in your home, pop it in your toaster oven and pretend you're having a BBQ. Kids love to help doing this. It's easy and fun, makes a great presentation and it's light on the waist line!
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat toaster oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Spray with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4 large red or yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
Preheat the toaster oven to 450 degrees. Remove the stem and seeds from each pepper and cut them in quarters and spray them with oil. Place the peppers on a sheet pan and place in the toaster oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle. It's all in the presentation, so choose your plate, napkin and placemat with intent!